As a part of the Victorian Government Sport and Recreation Future Direction Funding the VSA, is proud to announce the Learn Right Skate Schools Program.
The Program is designed to:
- Subsidise the cost of having skateboarding programs in schools
- Provide schools with a network of skateboard coaches and program providers
The program aim is to
- Have skateboarding included as a regular part of School’s Physical Education Curriculum
- Provide a safe and formal pathway into the sport of skateboarding
- Get more people skateboarding and provide information about local skate parks and programs
This innovative and refreshingly new school program focuses on engaging all students irrespective of age and gender, and delivers an active fun and games based clinic incorporating balance, agility, coordination and technique.
The program is best suited for Years 5 and 6 in Primary School and Years 7 and 8 in Secondary School.
During the program confidence is built by the individual as he/she progresses with skills and techniques imparted during our sessions. We believe our programs also assist in the building of participants’ selfesteem and positive identity for young people and youth culture.
Our program coaches are accredited by the Australian Sports Commission and are highly experienced and skilled in every aspect of teaching their sport and have the appropriate Working with Children and Police Checks in place.
Service providers will provide all the equipment and protective gear for each student. This includes skateboards, helmets, knee and elbow pads and wrist guards. All they need is a suitable area within your school grounds to ride on – sealed bitumen or concrete surface (or basketball / tennis court).
How to get involved:
- Contact one of our service Providers below and request a program cost
- Download a copy of the School Funding Application Form and fill it out
- Email the completed form back to the VSA (please allow 10 day turn around process)
Please note conditions do apply to funding
Are you a skate Coach or skate lesson provider? Do you want to be sanctioned by the VSA? Please contact us and we will send you out a Service Provider’s application form. Conditions apply.