The Victorian Amateur Skateboarding League is the largest and most established series of skateboarding competitions in Australia. The series is conducted throughout the North/Western and South Eastern regions of Metropolitan Mebourne and Regional Victoria.
- North Western Skateboard League
- South Eastern Skateboard League
Since 2005 the series has grown to include 23 skate parks / municipalities and continues to attract skaters from around the State.
The VSA aims to work with Local Governments, YMCA, Skate industry and other stakeholders to showcase and celebrate amateur skateboarders’ skills and talent.
The series concept encourages a commitment through ongoing participation to build up points and qualify for the Grand Final. Skaters have a choice of how many and which events they will attend.
As a youth orientated event, youth participation is integral to the success of the program. Skaters may choose to participate in different ways, either by directly competing in the events, supporting friends and family, or simply to enjoy the atmosphere.
- Encouraged to participate regardless of their skill level or ability
- Encouraged through the emphasis on building up points opposed to winning
- Sent Newsletters and updates via email so they are able to track their progress
- Rewarded for good sportsmanship (Most Improved and Best and Fairest Awards)
- Verbally supported and encouragement from event staff and MC
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
- If you are a skateboarder and over 18, simply rock up to the next heat and sign in. If you are under 18 download a rego form here and get your parents to sign it and rock up to the next heat. There is no cost to enter (helmets compulsory)
- If you are a Local Government and would like to get a heat happening in your municipality, you will need to have a quality Skate Park and show a commitment to celebrating the skill and talents of skateboarderss and young people. Please send us an email and we will work with you to make your area the next stop in this exciting and well established competition series.