Last years Barwon South Western Series was big.
Judging off the first round of the BSWS at Torquay last weekend 2015 is going to be even bigger.
With the success of twilight competitions last year we have now incorporated 3 into the 2015 season. Torquay was an example of how rad this point of difference can be. The session was heated for the whole afternoon and night with shredding across the board.
All age groups were well represented. Always stoked out to see so many girls out there killing the park. Thanks to everyone that made it down wether it was to ride the park or spectate.
Check the series scoreboards below by clicking on the highlighted area!
Former board member Renton Millar has been working behind the scenes, with Globe and the Port Phillip Council to bring the 1st competition to St Kilda Skate Park.
March 21st. Under 16s and under 12. Prize money $10,000.
Paying to tenth in under 16 .
This event brings a new level of competition to Victoria, and we know it will lift the standards of the national competition pathway, and will provide the next level of opportunity for Victorian Skateboarders, who have grown beyond the Skate Park League Series.
Notice of VSA Annual General Meeting Wednesday,4th Feb 2015
Public notice to inform paid VSA members that VSA Board of Directors will be conducting our Annual General Meeting at Riverslide Skatepark on 4 Feb 2015, commencing 6:30pm.
If paid members would like to provide comment or provide input into our Association’s direction or management structure please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan 30 so it can be formally tabled.
Table VSA financial report (records/P&L 13/14) for Board approval and ASIC lodgement.
Report on VSA business 13/14
- New VSL branding developed and adopted
- Development of new Leagues Gippsland Regional and Loddon Mallee Regional
- New competition partnership with Indigo Shire Council (Youth Services)
North East Victoria Series
- Delivery of 4 training/workshops sessions conducted
(Bendigo, Melbourne, Torquay, Morwell)
- SRV sports association awards
- RE-Recognition AS State Sporting Association
- Report on 2014 Skate Park League
- Report on 2014 Yarra Ranges Downhill event
Planning VSA business (15/16)
- Change constitution so that VSA operates on a financial ‘calendar’ years as opposed to current fiscal year
- New insurance (professional and public) to be purchased
- Vic Health Program Funding for delivery of a new schools program
- SRV Funding Heal program, delivering out of home youth programs
- Planning for Skatepark League Series Grand Final
- Succession planning for committee.
Our aim is to foster, encourage and promote the sport of skateboarding throughout Victoria. The VSA achieves this by partnering with education providers, government, businesses and other organisations to provide opportunities for people to participate in skateboarding.